First-Class Mail International
Affordable International Mailing
First-Class Mail International® (FCMI) service is the most affordable way to send letters and large envelopes to more than 180 countries, including Canada, Great Britain, and Australia.
- Send 1 oz letters or postcards around the world with one Global Forever® stamp, which currently costs $1.45 and never expires, even if the postage price goes up.
- For large envelopes (flats) up to 15.994 oz, postage prices vary based on weight and destination.
Features & Pricing
- Our most affordable international service
- Mail to over 180 countries
- Can be used for postcards, letters up to 3.5 oz, and large envelopes (flats) up to 15.994 oz
- Global Forever stamp available
- Delivery varies by destination
- You can buy Registered Mail® service to most countries
- Prices vary based on weight and destination
Stamp Prices for Letters & Postcards
Stamps for standard-sized letters and standard-sized postcards up to 1 oz start at $1.45 for all countries. However, prices for envelopes heavier than 1 oz, oversized, or unusually shaped is based on the destination country’s price group.
Weight, Size, & Shape Requirements
- Send mailpieces up to 15.994 oz.
- All postcards, letters, and large envelopes (or flats) must be rectangular, otherwise an additional charge may apply. Additional size restrictions apply depending on the type of mailpiece you're sending.
How to Send a Letter or Postcard: International: Get step-by-step instructions on mailing postcards, letters (up to 3.5 oz), and large envelopes (up to 15.994 oz) from the U.S. to other countries.
Additional Charges for Larger Mailpieces & Envelopes
If a mailpiece exceeds the maximum length, height, or thickness of one rate, it will be charged at the next higher rate. Large envelopes that exceed maximum dimensions will be charged package rates: See How to Send a Package: International. Calculate expected shipping costs for international shipments using the International Price Calculator.
If you just need a customs form, you can use our online tool to fill out the correct form.
Additional InformationExpand All
Mailing Restrictions & Prohibitions
There are specific regulations and standards for mailing restricted, prohibited, and hazardous materials, including cigarettes and smokeless tobacco. Letters and flats must contain only documents and cannot contain any other goods.
Internationally Restricted & Prohibited Items
Learn more about what items you may and may not ship outside the U.S.
Shipping to a Military Post Office (APO/FPO/DPO)
You'll pay domestic prices for packages shipped to a Military Post Office (APO/FPO/DPO), but these destinations require a customs forms and have specific restrictions.
Military & Diplomatic Mail
Learn more about how to send mail and packages to loved ones overseas.
USPS® offers affordable services so businesses can expand their network and compete in ever-growing global markets.